Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2021

You Just Have to Laugh at Yourself Sometimes

      I wrote a few children's books. Not on purpose. - Steven Wright

      I get a lot of letters from people. They say: "I want to be a writer. What should I do?" I tell them to stop writing to me and get on with it." - Ruth Rendell

     If writers were good businessmen, they'd have too much sense to be writers.  - Irvin S. Cobb

     If Moses were alive today, he'd come down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments and spend the next five years trying to get them published. - Anonymous

     If you can't annoy someone, there's little point in writing. - Kingsley Amis

     I was sorry to hear my name mentioned as one of the great authors, because they have a sad habit of dying off. Chaucer is dead, so is Milton, so is Shakespeare, and I'm not feeling well myself. - Mark Twain








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a word or two. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE of the Sequel: No Greater Love Hath Man

  Book 2 - The Sequel to SHORT IN HEIGHT, TALL IN COURAGE The Story of God's African Special Forces Unit ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD ...