Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2022

Words!


 

     Sin in Hebrew is "hata" meaning to go astray. The farther we stray from the narrow godly path, the farther we are from God. The Hebrew word for love is hesed. Theologian John Oswalt said hesed is "...a completely undeserved kindness and generosity". The Hebrew word for grace is khen. When I took the  time to really think about and consider the word grace or khen, I went into an area of God that I have taken for granted all my Christian life. Grace means that you are kind, courteous, and forgiving. It is astounding to know that the God who created all and is, was, and forever shall be offers us his undeserved grace. I thought a celebrity going out of his way to shake my hand was gracious, but God? I'm amazed that God sees me as a treasure in spite of my behavior. These thoughts will put you to your knees when it really hits you with its deep and life-changing meaning.

     Words - words are transporters of our thoughts, visions, and memories. John1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." God gave us the capability to think, but thinking without communication, where does that leave us? He gave us a way to transmit our thinking, and that took us to the next objective, learning.  Learning gives us the ability to know God and to be capable of learning his truth, his desires, his ways, his love. The Word, Jesus brought us the living Word. So simple, so powerful.

     I take my ability to write very seriously, and that is why I could see no other path than to write for God. Writing for God is an honor, a blessing. I fall short of God's word in my writing, but I feel people must know the gracious God that has allowed me to know everything I am capable of understanding about Him. Communication with God, Himself. I am humbled.

      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a word or two. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE of the Sequel: No Greater Love Hath Man

  Book 2 - The Sequel to SHORT IN HEIGHT, TALL IN COURAGE The Story of God's African Special Forces Unit ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD ...