Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2022

Finish the Race!


 

     When your legs get tired, run with your heart and let the Holy Spirit fill you with power. "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you." (Frank DeVito) Hopefully, we'll all be able to say what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7 at the end of our lives, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." "Crossing the starting line may be an act of courage, but crossing the finish line is an act of faith." (John Bingham) 

     "Do you honestly believe that Jesus felt like being crushed and overwhelmed in the middle of thousands of needy people everyday while telling them over and over the Good News that few seemed to listen to much less to understand, and all that time, knowing what lay in store for him on that cross?  That's what my God-fearing Grandfather told me one morning when I was a little kid while I objected to getting out of bed to volunteer at a soup kitchen. My Grandfather that had both his legs blown off in Normandy during WWII and never said no to the call."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a word or two. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE of the Sequel: No Greater Love Hath Man

  Book 2 - The Sequel to SHORT IN HEIGHT, TALL IN COURAGE The Story of God's African Special Forces Unit ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD ...