Total Pageviews

Monday, July 17, 2023

I serve for God's glory, not mine

 

A publisher recently told me, "If you drop the focus on religion, we'll have a contract for you." For some reason, it brought to mind the famous quote of Admiral David Farragut as head of a Union Naval flotilla entering Mobile, Alabama Bay during the American Civil War. They encountered torpedoes (mines) floating in the water. When asked by other captains of ships in the fleet what his orders are. He replied (in a longer version), "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" I work by God's inspiration - only. Everyone should try it with great resolve. It gives you energy, passion, aspiration, and adds definition to your life. When you throw your pocketbook out the window, something divinely mysterious envelopes and strengthens your spirit - immensely. NO! I will never drop my focus on God. He stood with me when I was really bad. I'll stand with Him when most of the world spits in his face. He sent his son to die for us. The least we can do is to live for him. All glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a word or two. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE of the Sequel: No Greater Love Hath Man

  Book 2 - The Sequel to SHORT IN HEIGHT, TALL IN COURAGE The Story of God's African Special Forces Unit ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD ...