Total Pageviews

Monday, October 4, 2021

Passage from Chapter 16

 

     General Iverson intervened at that point, "Frank, this is your first time working with The Team or any group such as this. I'm sure it is quite an eye-opener. I think you'll find them up to the task at hand. Frank, when WCPN gave this most difficult task to JJ and Mark, my son, they were asked what kind of men they would be looking for. Mark answered, 'I speak for both of us when I quote David Livingstone, 'If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.' And we , JJ and I, will demand of them to do it all for God and God alone.' Now, sir, you know exactly who and what these men before you are." The Team just stared intently at Frank.

      My feeling is that Jesus asked the same of the Disciples. It gives me goosebumps to think of someone asking for this kind of dedication and commitment. Martin Luther King said, "A man who believes in nothing worth dying for, is a life not worth living." That may be one of the present-day society's problems: Society teaches us, whether on purpose or by unthinking example, to believe in nothing worth dying for, only being served.





1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your posts and snippets of the book. Looking forward to reading the whole book!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a word or two. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE of the Sequel: No Greater Love Hath Man

  Book 2 - The Sequel to SHORT IN HEIGHT, TALL IN COURAGE The Story of God's African Special Forces Unit ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD ...